Subject: Re: [Leica] Really Right Stuff R8 Mounting Plate
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 10:58:27 +0200

"Greg J. Lorenzo" wrote:

> Does anyone know if Really Right Stuff makes a Arca-Swiss style mounting
> plate for use with an R8 without a motor drive or motor winder?
>
> I can only find a plate for the R8 motor winder or motor drive in their
> catalog, neither of which I currently use.
>
> RRS is closed for the entire month of October for annual vacation so
> can't be asked directly

Greg,

For the R8 with or without Motor-Drive, I'm using the RRS' B26 (video)
plate.
- - -Page 28 in the Late 1999 Really Right Stuff catalogue.
- - -Picture of the B26, page 18 top right.

The B26 plate works only with the plain R8 or with the R8 Motor-Drive, but
it don't work with the Motor-Winder.
<http://www.reallyrightstuff.com>

The B26 was originally made for small size video camcorder. It has an
integral pin to prevent twisting.
The R8 is the only SLR 35mm camera that I know which is using the same
tripod mount as a Camcorder, with that second hole next to the tripod
thread.
More about the R8 tripod mount at: <http://nemeng.com/leica/#007c>

The B26 is also great with the Leica Bellows-R BR2. (same attachment).

The B26 choice is from my own experience. There is nothing about the use of
it with the R8 in the RRS catalogue.

BTW, I don't use it with lenses longer than the 80/1,4.

With the Apo100/2,8, 80-200/4 and the Apo 180/2,8, I'm using the Leica
STA-1 (#14636) removable tripod mount.
RRS recommend the plate B82S with the STA-1.

Lucien