Subject: [Leica] Re: R-8 Shutter Problem & Kodachrome
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:28:11 -0400

Rich Palmer,
    About a year and a half ago, I had the shutter in my R8 buckle and it
was replaced. There were about 13,000 cycles on  the camera (firing the
shutter and advancing the film).
    Currently, the camera had a little over 40,000 cycles on it and has been
flawless. Don't worry.

John Collier,
    The currently available K-Lab machine has a price tag of between
$250,000 and $300,000 not one million.
    Unfortunately, the Great Yellow Father has not yet developed a marketing
plan for Kodachrome to make getting one of these machine worthwhile for
labs.

Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA