Subject: Re: too much fuss (was: RE: Re: [Leica] Image Stabilization revolutionises telephoto available light?)
From: Sipulmanjones@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:47:44 EDT

Doug Herr wrote:

Without casting aspersions on those who find the automatic features useful, I
also found that fussing over the various modes and devising tricks to
overcome their shortcomings or to verify their correct operation made
photography more difficult and less enjoyable than using a manual-only
camera.
The only automatic feature I find useful is the spring-operated automatic
diaphragm on my SL... and my favorite lens, the 400mm f/6.8 Telyt, doesn't
even have that!

Doug,

My telephoto world consists of the Viso with 200 and 280 Telyts. I even enjoy having manual control of how the mirror goes up and down!

But Image Stabilization is the one thing that has made me sit up and take notice of what I may be missing in the technologically-assisted photo world.

Simon.