Subject: [Leica] Re: [Leica] I'll get my 'M', one dayS
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:40:12 -0400

The images are sporadically good which is no small thing when you start, you
don't know what you respond to so you try everything.  Keep trying new
things and you won't go wrong.  Specifically, the image of the girl looking
out with the binoculars? and the picture through the display case distorting
the person on the right resonated the most with me.

My first contact with a Leica.  In 1971 I was in downtown Kansas City just
down from the pinball parlor two blocks from the Federal Reserve.  Felix
camera had a beat up and I mean beat up Leica, no lens.  The sales guy
didn't want to show me the expensive camera($150).  After a little
persistence he let me look at it but cautioned me not to use the funny lever
thing on the bottom at less than 1/30.  It was love at first sight, the
rangefinder was made for me.  I didn't buy it the first time I visited it as
I had to find a lens.  There is a small camera shop just off Meyer Blvd that
at the time sold Leica's and Alpa's.  They still had a 50 DR with eyes.  So,
off to the bank and I haven't looked back.  It was only three years later
that I figured out a serial number starting in MP was something special.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: [Leica] I'll get my 'M', one dayS)