Subject: Re: [Leica] Clear Plastic Tape (now Camera destruction)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:31:21 -0700

Scott Sanders wrote:  "as a news guy!" ;-)
>>. However, the reason our equipment looks used is
> precisely because we do use it everyday in frequently harsh conditions.
When
> the "news guys" were photographing people running for their lives in NYC,
> doubt if they were too worried about an extra scratch or two showing up on
> their cameras. <<<<

Hi Scott,
Well we're a breed apart and our cameras are merely tools of the trade, by
the same token we don't beat the hell out of them just for something to do,
simply because if we did our tools wouldn't work when we most need them.

"Right in the middle of an assignment!"

However, they do get nicked and dinged, it goes with the territory of a
working professional and if we worried ourselves about many of the teensy
marks that happened while we molly coddled the cameras for fear of getting
it wet in the rain, we'd not be making our living using Leica's very long.

And on a news disaster, the last thing we're thinking about is whether we're
getting dust on the gear or any more nicks or dings, as the pictures are all
that counts and sometimes we do that at our peril!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Clear Plastic Tape (now Camera destruction))