Subject: [Leica] RE: Wedding Pictures with Noctilux and 75 lux
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 16:12:59 -0700

At 11:32 PM 10/13/2001 +0100, leica@davidmorton.org wrote:
>Chandos Michael Brown writes:
>
>"I don't think so.  I can't make out a figure in the first image--looks like
>
>a long-exposure blur."
>
>I thought that at first, but if you look really carefully you can see a hand
>lighting one of the candles, and the top of the guy's head. Look about 1/2
>way down on the right hand side for his hand, just above the arrangement of
>candles.
>
>--

The problem with  an image like this is that it is mostly unrecognizable by
anyone other than the photographer. Images should be simple and
instantaneously recognizable as to the subject. An image that has a
plethora of light and dark areas, with no form or function, causing one's
eyes to roam endlessly over the image, is simply lost in the noise and
represents, what is commonly called, a round file image.

The second image is a little better in that it only takes a few seconds to
recognize what it is. The back of a bride and a long train (I think.) But
the subject is still lost in the space of whatever all of that other stuff is?

JMHO,

Jim

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] RE: Wedding Pictures with Noctilux and 75 lux)
Reply from "Jerry S. Justianto" <jsjm6@cbn.net.id> (Re: [Leica] RE: Wedding Pictures with Noctilux and 75 lux)