Subject: Re: [Leica] New Photo Site
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:41:57 +0200

Hi Arne,

Nice site, I was inspired to download the software to give it a try. As for
the pictures, first, they look just fine on my monitor. Some comments on
the pictures:

1) Stelvio collection
I like the first picture, having spent many hours myself in traffic jams on
the German and Dutch motorways. But you may have done a bit more
editing--the second picture is virtually identical to the first one, so
only one of them is needed. This is a general impression--there are many
good pictures, but there are also some that do not add much to the series,
besides making it longer. It is difficult to be one's own editor. I
recently faced this problem when going through my Oktoberfest pictures. I
initially edited the four rolls down to about 20 images, which I scanned
and then choose 9 to post on my web site based on how they looked on the
screen.

What I would also like to have seen are some photos of brave souls
bicycling up to the pass. I visited the Gotthard and Furka passes here in
Switzerland this summer, and found the sight of these guys on the way up
absolutely amazing.

2) Concert
This is for me the stronger of the two sets, and I like it in B&W. The
chromogenic film has coped really well with the high contrast nature of the
scene. I would have liked to see more photos of the other members of the
group, but again, I think this is a very strong portfolio. Makes me want to
check out this group!

Keep up the good work.

Nathan