Subject: Re: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier "in person"
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:22:26 -0700

Peter Klein wrote:

> Mark:  Do you wear glasses?  What focal length did you find is the cutoff
> for seeing the edges?  Also, how much darkening of the viewfinder did you
> observe?  Did it hamper focusing in available light situations such as the
> steak house?
>
> If a .72 finder with the magnifier is like an M3, then with my glasses, I
> wouldn't be able to see the edges with a 50, but a 90 would be fine.
>
> If I can get used to the contact lenses I'm trying, I could use the
> magnifier for both 50 and 90, taking it off for 35.  With glasses, I
> suspect 50 would be like 35 is on my M4-P now--I end up cropping a bit
> 'cause I didn't something at one side or other of the viewfinder.
>
> --Peter Klein
> Seattle, WA

Peter I think you have an idea of what the deal is based on what you've just
written here.
In a dark restaurant where it's harder to focus things are made much easier.
I think you might even be able to see the 50 framelines though.
All kinds of usefulness with this thing with all kinds of magnifications of
bodies with all kinds of lenses but mainly normal to tele.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/