Subject: Re: [Leica] re clear plastic tape
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:31:57 -0500

From Mark Ritter:
> Thanks for such a helpful answer to my original question.
>
> Mark

Mark, I'm sorry you never got an answer to your simple question, just a bunch of us
getting on our soap boxes.  Several people (including me)offered you alternatives,
but no one told you where to buy the plastic bottom plate protector.

I did go looking in all my stuff, and I'm sure I don't have mine anymore.  I don't
know if you live near a dealer, but I think I'd just ask a Leica dealer if they
could come up with one for you.

You might consider using the adhesive stair step stuff on the base plate, and if you
finally do decide to sell the camera, then it comes clean fairly easily, leaving the
base without a ding.

If I remember, the plastic protector supplied with my camera was a simple friction
fit, so I think it would not stay on very well.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] re clear plastic tape)