Subject: Re: [Leica] re clear plastic tape
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:07:40 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@gmx.net>
>
> If I remember, the plastic protector supplied with my camera was a simple friction
> fit, so I think it would not stay on very well.

mine's been on for 10 years.  i recently bought a secondhand m6 and it
had the baseplate film on as well.  they appear well-fixed to the metal.

but i'm also the kind of guy who used to slit his LP's open with a razor
so the plastic stayed on, and slit his VHS boxes at the bottom so the
plastic stayed on, and put those clear library covers around my prized book
dustjackets.

yes, i am anal-retentive.  :-)

but i do use all my cameras!

- -rei