Subject: [Leica] M6HM meter malfunction
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:17:58 -0700

The exposure meter on my M6HM has been acting strangely of late. The
symptoms are:

1. when I trigger the meter with the lens cap off, only the right LED lights
up.
2. no combination of shutter speed and f-stop will cause the left LED or
both LEDs to light up.
3. when I trigger the meter with the lens cap on, only the left LED blinks
briefly and then stays lit.
4. replacing the battery restores normal functionality for a few hours.

As recommended in the manual I always put the shutter speed selector on B
after using the camera.

What might cause this malfunction?
Oliver Bryk