Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 24x36 CCD
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:57:09 -0400

> However, I was under the impression that the only problem in using "film
> lenses" was the divergent pattern of light transmission (from the nodal
> point) rendering the outer edges of the image unsharp since light
> rays have
> to strike the sensor in a perpendicular pattern.

The only issue I've experienced is a problem with very wide angle lenses.
It's more like vignetting...

I believe current sensors are being designed with this in mind such that the
sensor wells are closer to the surface of the array, or they could use some
kind of lense (fiber optic?) over the array that could reduce/eliminate that
problem.