Subject: Re: [Leica] New Photo Site (followup and comments)
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:59:59 -0700

Late input Arne.  I absolutely loved the photos, in particular the Stelvio
series.  I would go so far as to say that they were as good and interesting
as any I have seen on-screen.  I agree with Nathan that a bit of editing
would be great for the viewer.  Though I like the story that the long series
tells, the sense of getting to know the landscape and your fellow travelers,
it takes some time to get through them all.  I was struck by your eye for
composition and was particularly impressed with your use of the 19mm lens.
I also felt the contrast range was extraordinary in a number of those
pictures, with the blackest blacks ranging to the various grey and white
tones.  I am not typically this interested in landscape photography.  The
kind of pictures that Nathan shows are more similar to those that I
typically take.  But the Stelvio series grabbed me.  Keep doing it, your
way.

John McLeod