Subject: Re: [Leica] Hello, a newbie, and a question
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:55:24 +0200

Hi Chandos,

I have the same scanner as you, and Kodachrome is my basic slide film, so I have
faced this problem too. I am sure you already know that you cannot use the
digital ICE feature on Kodachrome. Beyond that, the solution to your problem is
Vuescan:

http://www.hamrick.com

I had tried it a couple of years ago and given up on it because of the then
clunky interface and lack of preview, but now it is much improved in those
respects, and it delivers vastly superior results with Kodachrome compared to
Nikon Scan. The results with E6 and C41 are a wash IMO, and with B&W slightly
better than Nikon Scan. In other words, Vuescan is as good as or better than
Nikon Scan with all film types.

Nathan

Chandos wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Any thoughts on scanning Kodachrome?  I find it devilish stuff to scan on
> my Nikon 2000LS.  I have better luck with the various pro Eltachromes
> (100VS, S, etc.).  This isn't an issue, I suppose, if one doesn't intend to
> insert it into a digital workflow.
>
> Chandos

- --
Nathan Wajsman