Subject: Re: [Leica] M camera cost
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:38:41 -0700

I don't know what an M3 cost in 1954, but I do know that 10 years ago the M6
had a list price of $2495 and the 35/1.4 aspherical cost something like
$4500, if you could even get one. Today the M6 has a list price of $1995 and
the newer 35/1.4 ASPH lists for $2595. According to the info I have handy
(construction cost index numbers for the US), the M6 should cost $3250
today. With the current rebates, if you buy on a Leica Day you would pay
$1595 for an M6. So, when you bring that new camera home, just tell the SO
that you got it for half price!

Tom Finnegan
Seattle