Subject: [Leica] john brownlow getting rich off of hollywood
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:18:35 -0400

fwiw, we saw john's film "sex and the swastica" on the history channel a
month or so ago. to his credit, i think his title was "the secret lives of
the nazi's" -- it got changed by someone else along the way.

i didn't see any leica's in it though. which segues perfectly into Walther
Benser's book "My Life With Leica" which a plugger loaned me last week --
apart from the chapters dealing with his life in the WWII German army, the
book was absolutely devoid of interest (to me) and the photos were pretty
mediocre. those interested in the inner workings of solms and first hand
accounts of lunches with oscar barnak might enjoy it but it didn't tickle my
elmo.

kc