Subject: [Leica] Reminder: a shopping opportunity and a good deed, too.
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:11:00 -0400

I don't know whether this was mentioned before -- I know there was
some discussion of whether he was okay -- but Eli Kurland, ex of Wall
Street camera, opened his own store in a building near NYC's World
Financial Center.  The grand opening of the beautiful new showroom was
to have been September 12th.  That didn't happen of course, and the
store's both inaccessible to customers and presumably full of stinky
ash.  Eli, staff and family are apparently all okay, but they'll have
to start over with the store.

Leica-US have been good about it -- they've allowed him to offer
extended Leica Day pricing on new equipment purchases, which they just
drop ship directly to customers.  So should you choose to do so, you
may call him on his cell at

  (917) 502-4943

and both help keep his business afloat and get a little price break.