Subject: Re: [Leica] viewfinder question
From: "Scott Allen" <sallen4@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:23:49 -0400

I have a .58 and wear glasses and can clearly see the 28mm framelines --
they do not extend all the way to the outside of the viewing area.    It
might be possible that the very outside of the viewfinder is close to 24mm.
I have no way to confirm this.

In any event, if you have no intentions of using a 135mm lens and are going
to stick with wide angle lenses and 50mm mostly, I'd go for the .58.  You
could always buy a 1.25 magnifier to make it a .72 (w/o the 135mm
framelines).

Scott Allen
Raleigh, NC