Subject: [Leica] Elmar with sloppy focusing mount
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 17:57:38 -0400

I was playing with a "new" IIIf today, and thought that the infinity focus
was
way off, but it turned out that the 50mm Elmar on it had a really sloppy
focusing
mount.  If I pushed the lens into the body, the infinity images lined up just
right.

Was this a problem on this lens (50mm Elmar f 3.5)?  Or is it this way after
half a century
of use?  Or should I try to restore the grease in the helical?  I'm worried a
bit about just
restoring the grease, because the lens seems to want to be pushed up against
the camera,
not just sit in the middle of its loose play zone.

Vick

Message from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] A poet and doesn't know it?)