Subject: Re: [Leica] An example of service photography
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:41:40 -0700

Mark_E_Davison wrote:

> A while back we had a discussion of what we do with our photography, so I
> thought I would pass along an example.
>
> I donate photography services to local non-profit organizations to help with
> their promotional web sites. Here are some head shots of the board of a
> local grass-roots organization:
>
> http://groundswellnw.org/board/
>
> All the tight head shots were shot with M6TTL and 90 APO ASPH with Kodak
> Portra 400NC, in natural light, and in a big rush (the only time I could get
> people together was just before a board meeting.) Lighting is from a north
> facing window, and the fill light is from reflections from a wall and a
> small window on the west wall. The group shot is with the 24/2.8 Elmarit
> ASPH. Not great art, but serviceable.
>
> Mark Davison
>
> --

Mark someone forgot to tell you YOU CAN'T DO portraits with short teles on a
rangefinder camera.
It JUST ISN'T DONE MR. DAVISON!

But as we see here it just doesn't get any better than this.
And with the supposedly too sharp for portraits apo Asph 90.

Which in this soft light is more than ideal. Great shots! Mark!
Is it possibl to see the Leica "glow" on a computer monitor?
Well I'm imagining I'm seeing it here.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA