Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [Lugforum] Liars Figure: Smoking Pistols!
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 17:24:15 -0700

on 10/21/01 2:38 PM, George Lottermoser at imagist@concentric.net
thoughtfully wrote:

> Whether studied or not, I can guarrantee that all of these
> afflictions will also find agitation from automobile exhaust, and
> industrial by products. But we're not about to eliminate 1 wo/man
> per vehicle or our "stuff".

In the United States the EPA clean air regulations have made profound
changes to automobile emissions standards over the past three decades which
have resulted in substantially better air quality.

It's not good yet, but the technology is definitely getting there and as
long as the government doesn't back off it's zero-emissions requirements for
a percentage of the fleet it'll get better.

Adam Bridge