Subject: Re: [Leica] Liars Figure: Smoking Pistols!
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:04:33 +0200

I have no idea about the statistics of deseases that come with smoking, but
I know one thing for sure: If you really believe that smoking will make you
sick, it will. The worst thing they did was to put these health warnings on
the cigarette packs: "Smoking gives you cancer" (or whatever). This is like
a mantra (or the Coué method), everytime you take a cigarette you would read
it again and again... Very effective.
This was part of my Hypnotherapist training a few years ago. The example
given was the couple where he was a chainsmoker (but didn't care) and she
was worried about his health. They had a health check-up and guess who had
the bad lungs? She did...

IMHO the worst thing about smoking is 1) the addiction 2) the artificial
stuff they put into the cigarettes 3) the smell & the taste when you do not
smoke 4) the disrespect of smokers towards non-smokers

If someone is smoking in a public place and it's bothering you, do what a
friend of mine does: Go to the smoker and ask him if you could pee on him.
Be serious! It really helps.

Tarek

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Liars Figure: Smoking Pistols!)