Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm M lens....
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:13:24 -0400

Steve -Having never used the 28 2.8 I can't offer comparisons - although
it is said to be a really terrific lens - but I will say that the 28 f2
is a really amazing piece of glass - virtually flare free, producer of
gorgeous images at all f stops - including f 2 - distortion free (to my
eye) - a great lens. (of course there is the fact that mine 'bleeds'
some sort of lubricant gunk onto the front element right around the
edges of the rim, but I'm assuming that when I send it back on its
passport it will be properly repaired or replaced in the near blink of
an eye ;-) )

B. D.