Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor/Battery
From: CHARLES STIRK JR C <ccstirkjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:44:34 -0700 (PDT)

- -I have also had similar experance with the F3 md4 combo
changing the batteries only when the drive would slow down
, but this said all of the current crop of Slr 's D1 , F5 ,
Eos1 ..... are power hungry beast why should the R8 be any
different .The pros to using such cameras  such at TTL
flash , high sync speed and multiple meter modes some times
out way the cons of there hugeness , heaviness and yes the
ability to power down at the worst possible moment .  I
just carry an extra battery pack when using any slr  and at
only $129usd the R8 battery pack strikes me as a cheap in
comparison to the other  .
Chuck