Subject: [Leica] NEW LEICA PRODUCTS: the revenge of Titanium! <g>
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:53:44 EDT

Hi folks,

I just got off the phone with my Leica USA rep. and I have confirmed that
this years "special edition" is the reintroduction of some titanium finish
products...

They are making 1000 Leica M6 TTL .72 bodies in titanium with a tannish
"buffalo leather." (Not the "emu" like leather of the last one.) (part number
#10435)

They are also making 500 of each of the following lens:

35f2.0 Summicron ASPH  (#11609)
50f2.0  Summicron (#11624)
90f2.0 Summicron ASPH (#11632)

The serial numbers are not "matched" as with the Millennium sets and there
are no special engravings.

Prices are going to be similar to the last time Titanium was available. (i.e.
bodies around $2695ish...lens a few hundred more than the regular price...)

I will try to get a  up on my site later under the "news" section later
tonight. Right now I only have one in German...

bests,
Rich
www.photovillage.com