Subject: Re: [Leica] Third Quarter Viewfinder The A-36 f/3.5 Summaron
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:44:09 -0400

At 05:21 PM 10/23/01 -0700, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Dick is a guy who not only knows how to use the stuff AND DOES
>	but knows all about the stuff. It's history and technical quirks and
quality.
>His article on the A-36 i got the impression he had all this stuff memorized.
>Didn't even have to look it up. Documented to the finest detail.
>I enjoyed reading it.
>He talks both from intense use and wide reading. Full Theory and Full
practice.

If this is so, then why are the articles he drafts for VIEWFINDER so laden
with error and mistake?  His articles are jokes.  I -- and a number of
others -- have simply quit protesting as Dick is beloved of all and
therefore his ludicrous mis-statements are allowed to stand.

He is a person of prejudice and bias and some knowledge of the outline of
things.  He lacks detailed knowledge but opines on matters he simply knows
little of.  READ his articles and then read the works of scholars such as
Lager or Laney and find out the truth.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!