Subject: RE: [Leica] Rangefinder Misalignment
From: "Sanders, Scott" <ssanders@dailyherald.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:21:09 -0500

Hi George,
   I had this problem (one image lines up over the other, vertically) with
my NEW M6. I sent it back to the seller, who supposedly sent it back to
Leica for repair. When I got it back, it was still out of allignment but in
the opposite direction! I sent it back again, yelled and screamed a little,
and he replaced it with a new camera. But the replacement M6 has some sort
of mysterious light leak that only shows up once in awhile. I can't figure
out what is causing it. In all other respects, it is perfect. I think Leicas
(I've owned 5 over the years) are like old MG sports cars. When you get one
that actually works, it's great! Good Luck.
Scott