Subject: [Leica] re: trip to d.c.
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:59:33 -0700

don wants to know:

>I have an opportunity to spend a tourist day (Sunday) in Washington D.C. It
>is the only free day on a rather intense business trip.
>
>Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, National Gallery, Smithsonian. Too
>much for one day. I plan on taking an M6 and 28, 35, & 75 lenses.
>
>Any seasoned visitors or residents that could give me some advice would be
>appreciated.

well, it all depends on what you want to see. if you're an art lover, then
you can't miss the national gallery, it's beyond world class. but why take
pictures in a museum, buy the post card. if art isn't your thing but
photography is, maybe a stroll along the mall (lincon memorial to the
capitol) would be more your style, you can do some street photography. the
smithsonian can't be done in one day, you could do one part of it maybe.
like air and space or the hirshhorn....

i was compelled recently to visit the pentagon, but last time i went down i
just walked along the streets. it's cherry blossom time, isn't it?

kyle