Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Misalignment
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:35:08 -0400

Look, many Leica users (and I'm one of them) find a vertically challenged
rangfinder extremely irritating to use, regardless of how accurate the
final focusing is.   My original M6 kept going out on me every few months
for years, untill eventually I stopped using it (and I used this as partial
excuse to buy my 2nd M6 to replace it.)  It wasn't until Jerry Smith got
his hands on it about 3 or 4 years ago that the alignment problem was
finally licked, and I'm back to using it as my primary body.

I think it is crazy to expect someone to a) buy a special toold and learn
how to do camera repairs or b) learn to live with it, after spending all
that money on a new M6.

Whether or not you think it is a serious problem, for many people it IS a
serious problem.

dan c.