Subject: Re: [Leica] To Buy or Not to Buy: a Leica 0
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 05:05:00 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 26/10/01 20:59:14 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
msmall@roanoke.infi.net a écrit :

> Excuse me.  I had thought "well-made" and "V8 engines" constituted an
>  oxymoron.  Are your referring to the Daimler V8 used in the SP250?
>
>  Marc

Of course not Marc !  I'm talking Chevrolet .
And when I mean " well made " , I'm pointing
the fact that these engines are well designed ,
with no errors concerning reliability , or , power
output .
Here , I must say that a small block Chev' is
even better after it has cycled until it's first rebuild .
Then the cast iron has relaxed and you can really
start to " blueprint it " .
I wouldn't say so of the small block Ford , the one
from the seventies . It had a major weak point in the
lubricating system , especially the oil pump rod .
Chears

Jo Goodtimes , France