Subject: [Leica] Scanner enabled
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 12:21:09 -0700

4 screws
no big deal
Over the roar of Mariachi Music over lunch at the Leica Historical society
meeting in San Antonio earlier this month two nice guys who owned a camera store
in the midwest sitting across the table from us assured Karen and I that taking
the case off my LS-2000 scanner was a no brainer.

I had found trying to clean it similar to building a boat out of toothpicks in a
small glass bottle. Two attempts failed. Not clean enough. Mushy flairy scans.
My website has floundered. My inkjets have dried up. My darkroom boomed.

But before i had a chance to wake up this rainy morning and get half finished
with my first cup of espresso strength coffee we shut down this computer and had
the scanner unplugged and on the kitchen table.

"Madame, hold still this won't hurt a bit"

Much easier to clean when you pull the shell off.
Which if you were above 5.9 on the Moron scale would not be too much of a problem.
A small Phillips screw driver.
Some angled foam pads for cleaning tape heads.
Compressed air.
And i ended up also using cue tips making user i blew away any cotton strands
with the compressed air.

My first scan came out great. I'm ready to start scanning and re scanning  all
those bad scans and uploading like the scanning digital fool I am!

Get ready for Noctilux images i have known. And scenes from my  4,696 mile 16
day road trip to the San Antonio meeting and back. All the Leica people down there...

Mark Rabiner
And once again my Opti VISOR saves the day!
http://www.profhdwr.com/optivisr.htm

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/