Subject: Re: [Leica]Lens speed complainers...
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 14:50:52 -0800

> Regarding the carping on this list about the new wide angle zoom only being
> a 3.5-4.0 design...I don't see the point.

Me neither. Before I got my M6, I used to shoot with a Pentax 645.
Oddly enough my main lens was their 120mm F4 Macro lens. I even
shot with it at night, sitting on a tripod. And f4 is really not
that much slower than the good old Elmar 50/3.5. Faster would be
nicer, but it's not a complete disaster.

feli

 "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
 to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
 you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999