Subject: re: [Leica] Portraiture lens preferences
From: flagstad@mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:14:20

>Can all who have a moment tell me which Leica lens they prefer for taking
>portraits?

    135mm f/2.8 Elmarit. This is the one with eyes, big as a
cannon and twice as heavy. I use it wide open. I like it because
everything I have photographed with it, no matter what the
aperture, has a glow and a 3-D effect that I've seen with nothing
else. Some of the pictures I've taken with this lens are on my
web page at http://www.mindspring.com/~flagstad/photos.html.
However, I do not think the scans capture what I think is so
special about this lens.

    After the Elmarit, my favorites, in order, are the 135mm
f/4.5 Hektor and the 90mm f/4 Elmar. The 90mm f/2.8 Tele-Elmarit
is a distant last.

						Howard Sanner
						flagstad@mindspring.com