Subject: RE: [Leica] Another R question
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:14:12 -0600

Simon Lamb wrote:

<<Got another question on the 80-200mm f/4.  When I rotated the lens to the
200mm end it seemed to bind a little bit /exhibit a roughness for the last
1/8 of a turn.  As the lens is metal construction and lubricated, do you
think this will ease with use or should I look for another lens that does
not exhibit this binding?>>

I also have the 80-200mm lens and mine does exactly the same thing. I would
describe it as a roughness/vibration in the last 1/8 of a turn when extended
to the 200mm setting. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of a lens, so I
couldn't say whether this is a problem or not.

I have not used this lens that much, but is does seem to have improved a
little with use.

Or it simply could be that I am getting used to feeling it. At any rate, it
does not seem to be getting worse or I would have sent the lens in for Leica
to have a look.

I also would be curious to find out if all of these lenses have the same
problem, or just some.

Tom Henson

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Another R question)