Subject: Re: [Leica] Finding an Epson 1200 printer
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:53:44 -0500

At 05:20 PM 10/30/01 -0500, you wrote:
>The real printer - and system - of choice for B&W printing is an Epson
>1160 - unfortunately discontinued - and the Cone Piezography quad-tone
>ink system. (go to www.inkjetmall.com for info). The next best printer,
>it is said, is the Epson 1280, for which Cone recently released a
>Piezography system. These inks will give you B&W prints that only Jim
>Brick :-) could distinguish from silver prints and a viewing distance of
>over 12 inches. And even then, they look just as good as silver prints,
>but different.
>
>B. D.

But the very best printer for the Cone system is the 3000!  No problems
with CIS tubing and metarism and green ink.  If you don't want to go for
the very expensive professional printers, look for a refurbished
3000.  With Cone's new drivers there is no banding problem with the
3000.  I have two and they work perfectly - no clogs, no green, no banding
- - nothing but perfect Piezo prints.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com