Subject: Re: [Leica] Is this a reasonable price for late model 50/1.4 Summilux-M?
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:43:37 -0800

Ray,

$650 sounds like a very good price if the glass is clean and the lens is
mechanically sound. Used  50/1.4s that I've seen go for $800 on up. Any
50/1.4 made since 'the 70's should perform fairly well. I think the last
major improvement to the 50 'lux was made in the late 60's. Some minor
improvements since then, and a built in lens shade recently. The only
problem with the older 50s is the odd filter size. 43mm. The fact that it
has the lens shade makes the price even better. The older lens shades
aren't cheap.

Dave