Subject: Re: [Leica] Older lens preferences
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:32:49 EST

A woman today showed me some portraits she had  shot recently, and I was
struck by the wonderful soft glow of her subjects, the three dimensional
look, beautiful out-of-focus portions of the pictures  and the wide  tonal
range of her prints. All this  immediately identified them to me as Leica
shots.  I questioned her further and  she said that the camera and lens  were
from the 1950s, and that the lens was a 35mm. She had no further details. So
my question: which of the older lenses (in M mount) produce that wonderful
glow so closely associated with Leica?