Subject: Re: [Leica] Photodo ratings for 35mm Summilux -MASPH and 50mm Summilux-M
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 05:50:45 +0100

Ray,

It is impossible to evaluate test results unless you know the criteria
used. On the face of it, rating the 50mm higher than the 35mm seems insane.
I have both of these lenses. The 35mm is clearly better than the 50mm in
terms of sharpness, detail, flare suppresion. This is not to say that the
50mm is bad, it is outstanding, but the 35mm is even more outstanding. If
Photodo gets an opposite result, then I can only conclude that either their
methodology is flawed or someone made a mistake reporting the results.

Nathan