Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 28/1.9
From: "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:17:03 -0800

At 9:27 AM -0600 11/1/01, Don Lawrence wrote:
>Michael,
>I have had this lens for a few months and have been very pleased with the
>results.
>Very sharp with good color rendition. Construction quality seems good
>although
>certainly not in the same league as Leica.
>My only complaint is the M adapter that I bought. It doesn't bring up the
>28mm frame lines. Thus I have developed the habit of moving the frame line
>lever to show 28mm when doing the final composition.

Don.
Oops, you last statement presents a problem I should think. If one is
hunting around and taking typical 'street shots', i.e., on the fly,
if would seem that not having the frame lines up is a big problem.
What frame line does come up by the way?
I can see playing with the frame line lever in a static situation put
not while I am trying to shoot quickly and focus at the same time.
What has been your experience in such situations?
In any case thanks very much for your comments.

Regards,
Michael