Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] enlarger lens
From: Franck Maubuisson <fmaubuis@club-internet.fr>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 22:08:41 +0100

I agree about the schneider componon, it's good and very convenient, I have the 50mm and the 80mm, they have the same diaph preselection system and lighted diaph scale, I've used them for more than ten years now and like them, and despite their "plastic"
finish, they are well made and durable.

I recently tried a meopta meogon 5,6/50 mm, an old six element/small aperture design wich I bought for a really low and even quite ridiculous price - well, it is not convenient (no preselection, no lighted scale, no half stops) but optically up to its
reputation and perhaps even better than the componon at f:/5,6 and f/8. A real bargain for about 30 or 35 US $.