Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: OT films for tungsten shooting
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:00:54 -0600

Ernie,

Your header says tungsten shooting, but you talk about green; does that mean there's
a good bit of flourescent light in the mix?   The Fuji 800 handles that pretty well.
If you can, go in and make a test roll at the location before you shoot the important
stuff.

  Nearly all my  recent color has been shot with 800 fuji.  The "fourth layer" really
works.  In Photoshop, you only will sometimes need to adjust the  red and cyan to
bring color balance to a pleasing skin tone.

My Coolscan III also scans the stuff to a little lower contrast than I like, so I
almost always push the black slider just into the first hill of the histogram in
"Adjust Levels," and that then requires some gamma adjustment  (middle slider.)   I
hardly ever do anything else to my Fuji 800 scans except crop them.

I'm sold on the 800 fuji, and I think for scanning, the Superia Xtra is just as good
as their  pricier 800 stocks.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com