Subject: Re: [Leica] Viso and Bellows
From: garyelshaw <garyelshaw@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 01:09:13 +1300

It's never safe to be in or out of the water, John! You should know
that one by now. My god man, you didn't really think you could leave
did you? However, you know what? It could be much worse, you could
have The Hotel California stuck in your head. Curse you and your
infernal madness, i'll be stuck with that for the rest of the
evening. pah!

But now that i have your new address i can bother you even more (oh
sweet, sweet vengeance).

Great to see you John, i'll write soon--promise.

Gary

At 12:01 AM -0800 30/10/2001, The inimitable John Collier wrote:

>OH NO!!
>
>Up until now I have always thought that I could leave the Leica-Users
>anytime I wanted to. "Why look at Gary," I would say to myself, "He did it."
>Yes when I had once again provided the definitive answer as to which lens
>hood should you mount on a 35/3.5 with the rare lizard skin focusing ring, I
>who say to myself, John, maybe your work here is done." I always thought I
>could move on when the time came. After all, Gary had. Perhaps I could go to
>a list on transubstantiation, transcendental meditation or even a neuter
>your cat at home self help group.
>
>Now I know. There is no escape. Gary is back and I can no longer can fool
>myself....
>
>Welcome back Gary!
>
>John who is humming the song "Hotel California" Man oh man, do I hate that
>song.  :-)
>
>>  From: garyelshaw <garyelshaw@mac.com>
>>
>  > ........I'm finally back.......

- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

                                             The Uses of Disorder
                                       Personal Identity and City Life
                                             -- Richard Sennett