Subject: Re: [Leica] Preferred older lenes?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 08:19:37 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> > Any of the 50's have the "glow".  Starting with the Summar which can be
> > incredibly cheap and has a look all of it's own at F2 to the rigid
> Summicron

Yeah, my beat-to-hell-sandpapered-front element 24 Nikkor has that glow....
My slightly less beat up 50 Nikkor is getting that same kinda glow....a few
more years bouncing in my bag without a "uv" filter should do it for that
one, too (I'd never use filters, degrades the image too much)

I've noticed that the "glow" has disappeared from my 35 summicron....It was
destroyed by cleaning out the haze.....Now I've ruined it....

I'm looking for one that has had the glass cleaned repeatedly by grit
impregnated burlap...I'll pay extra for some separation...please advise if
any of you can help me out...

BTW, I have a bunch of  round  things that came
with various lenses over the years to....little conical shaped things, some
are "slotted"....they seem to clip over the front of the lens,  but I've
never had a use for them...but I'd be willing to trade??????

Walt