Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica made me a better photographer because it's a be tter camera - sorts of
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:37:04 -0000

Mārtiņš Zelmenis wrote:

"What I tried to say was: for me
nothing beats Leica - and Nikon Fs (I've got MF Nikons only). And I perfecty
understand - what works well for one person, doesn't work for another."

I think your second sentence here is the most important point. Some years
ago I had a very nice black plain prism F that I'd found in a pawn shop, and
I sold it for two reasons: 1) it was in far too good condition to remain in
the hands of a 'user' like me, it belonged with someone who would look after
it a bit better and 2) I had too many cameras and needed to have a clear
out. When it came to a choice between getting rid of the F or the Nikkormat
FT3, I had to admit that *for me* the FT3 was the more useful picture taking
machine.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.