Subject: Re: [Leica] re: leica made me a better photographer because it's a
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:50:00 EST

In a message dated 11/5/01 7:49:46 AM, tedgrant@home.com writes:

>In other words, we all know fear, but without staging the "perceived images"
>
>illustrating fear what are you going to photograph??

Not limiting it to just fear that eminates from 9/11 I'd say images that
could demonstrate fear would be:

a child in a doctor's office waiting for a procedure such as a shot,
certain folks in the airports, particularly as they wait to be xrayed, patted
down etc,
certain folks in airports, particularly if there is a person perceived to be
Arab or Muslim near them, (even though not all Arabs are Muslim, not all
Muslims are Arab, and not all of either are terrorists, but hey, we're
talking fear),
street protests that have gotten out of hand,
a photo of someone posed with all of their survival gear (implied fear),
a bride, groom, parental units, etc prior to a wedding,
Muslim women who are waiting for escorts to help them leave their homes (in
the US),
a cowering dog,
parental units waiting for their children at schools where terrorist threats
have been made,
shots of unending security barricades,
people waiting for their audit at the IRS office,
families sending off their loved ones that are shipping out,
etc.

Granted, fear shots are most likely shot in the context of recording a larger
event and "fear" is part of a larger mix.  And agreed, "fear" shots are hard
to record...but that being said, I don't think (real or implied) fear is
impossible to demonstrate.

Respectfully,
Kim