Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Dreams
From: George Day <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:47:28 +0000

The $20K back is for studio aps, really.  For someone who makes their living
at it, or for a magazine, say, it's a good investment.  Time, processing,
etc.

Ditto for Canon's *amazing* new digital EOS.  Mind you, it's $5,500 -- yes,
even more expensive than a prized Leica -- but for the working photog whose
biz requires the competitive edge of digital, it makes loads of sense.

Most working pros I know basically use both digital and film.  I'm not
talking serious amateurs or highly specialized professionals who presumably
earn a living shooting b/w with Leicas.  I'm talking about real-live working
professional studio photographers, photojournalists, wedding folks
(especially) etc.  You know, people who are running a business and who, in
addition to being artistes or what-not, actually have to provide for a
family.  So, please, can the snobbery.