Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Dreams
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:40:42 -0800

on 11/5/01 3:49 AM, George Day at george@rdcinteractive.com thoughtfully
wrote:

> My 4x5s stay bolted to a tripod.  Medium format...probably 90% on a tripod,
> except for the Mamiya 7.  Leica?  Never been on a tripod.

The more technical pan I shoot the more my Leica sits on a tripod. Just for
grins I shot images (landscapes) one hand-held and the other on a tripod
tripped with a cable release. At 1/250th there is a subtle loss of detail in
the hand-held shot. Made a believer out of ME. I'm trying to find the limits
I can achieve and this is one way. But I'm not a street photographer either.
I haven't done the same with a monopod but I'm going to do that as well. I'd
expect the results to be better than hand-held but not as good as a tripod
although probably very close. Many fewer degrees of freedom.

Someday I'd like to try medium format.

Adam