Subject: RE: digital, was: Re: [Leica] Piezo Plunge
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:28:00 -0500

> The digital is here already - I just read a test in our national
> photo magazine of Kodak´s DCS Pro Back - CCD size is 36.86 x
> 36.86 mm and resolution 16 megapixels - but it fits only
> Hasselblad  555 ELD and Mamiya RZ67 Pro II cameras. Price is
> about 25000 USD. So it can be done, but at a price.
> If there are enough willing customers, a 35 mm version is not far away.
> All the best!
> Raimo

Though they CLAIM 16M pixels, that is not true.  It is 16M sensors, and it
takes four sensors to make one color pixel.  Damn, I have this...it's just
flat out lying.  They interpolate the color data over the four pixels and
output a 16M pixel file...but %75 of the data is NOT original image data.

It also doesn't cover the whole 6x6 image size...

As far as 35mm version...may be, but take a good look at how large this back
is:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/cameras/dcsProBack/proB
ackIndex.jhtml;jsessionid=O4NSUPG4IVQOVQHIO2SXWKI