Subject: Re: [Leica] Books
From: "Griffith, Lucian" <lgriffiths@ue.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:25:12 +1100

 "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> wrote:

>That will take some research on your part.
>Sometimes, especially if it's a Magnum photographer, there will be a
>credit in the book. Specifically, I remember Constantine Manos had a
>"Leica" credit in his Greek Portfolio book. Knowing David Alan
>Harvey, it's safe to assume that all pictures in his Cuba book are
>taken with Leica cameras. Ralph Gibson has used nothing but Leicas
>during his career so all his books are Leica camera produced. There's
>also the French photographer with the hyphenated name, but that's
>obvious.
>Hello BD,
>
>Yes, I am interested.  I have begun a small collection of books of
>photographs taken with Leica cameras. So I should like to know if all of
>these books fall into that category.
>
>Many thanks,
>David Burdoin
- -

From memory, in the back on Will McBride's book, "I, Will McBride" a full
page is taken up with the words: "I take all my photos with a Leica" next to
a photo of Willy clutching an R7 (or something).  Is that the kind of credit
you were thinking of?  :-)

BTW, I don't understand why you would collect books based on the tool that
produeced them, rather than the substance that has been produced.  It's like
only eating cake made with a Bamix.  It doesn't make sense (IMHO).

Best Regards,
Lucian G.

I never make predictions.  I never have and I never will.
- --Tony Blair.

Replies: Reply from Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com> (Re[2]: [Leica] Books)