Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Stuff
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 6 Nov 2001 21:59:22 -0800

On Tue, 06 November 2001, Roy Feldman wrote:

> I can't tell you how much I appreciate Mr Brick's comments.

Ditto.  My understanding of the medium and it's limitations  has grown at least ten-fold in the last few days.

> Isn't the Leica advantage pointed out by Jim negated by
> the scanning process?

Not in my experience.  The scans I've printed from are Pro PhotoCD, Fuji Frontier and one Tango drum scan.  The scans from Leica-made chromes typically have more highlight and shadow detail than those made with the Brand N lenses I used to use.  The LightJet prints from these files are fantastic.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe